Snow and Salt Damaging your Carpets?
The winter season can be harsh on your carpets. Snow, ice, and salt are constantly being brought into homes and businesses. Here are some tips to help prevent water and salt stains on your carpet.
- Use two welcome mats. One to wipe your feet on outside, and one to wipe your feet on the inside.
- Use long runners or winter rugs along any high traffic areas in your home or business.
- Keep up with snow removal around your sidewalks and porches. The less snow outside your home or business, the less snow that can be brought in.
- Vacuum frequently, especially in high traffic areas.
- Have a spot removal program in place. Whether it's weekly or monthly, deep cleaning and removing stains will lengthen the life of your carpets.
Need your carpets professionaly cleaned? Call SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties at (269) 273-8777 to make your appointment.